Interest-free Loans to IPA Candidates
The International Psychoanalytical Association (IPA) and the International Psychoanalytical Studies Organization (IPSO) are pleased to invite applications for interest-free loans to assist the training of IPA Candidates.
Click here for the Loan Application form
As you know, an ‘IPA Candidate’ is one studying at an IPA-recognised Institute or under an IPA sponsoring committee and undergoing a course that will lead to membership in the related IPA Society and thus to the IPA itself.
• In 2004 the IPA launched an appeal to its members for funds to offer loans to IPA Candidates. Since then the IPA has increased the amount available considerably. The same amount is available to each of the three IPA geographical regions.
• Loans will be between US$1,000 and US$5,000.
• The funds may be used for any purpose related to training.
• Loans will be subject to contract that will specify the repayment period.
• Repayment will normally start a year after the IPA Candidate’s graduation, at the rate of US$1,000 a year, interest-free, until the loan is repaid.
• Applications will be handled in complete confidence. The names of applicants and recipients will not be disclosed to anyone apart from the IPA staff, who administer the applications. The administrative staff at Broomhills may contact the IPA
Candidate’s Institute to seek confirmation that the Candidate is indeed an IPA Candidate of good standing within the Institute and, under other unusual circumstances such as when there is difficulty in contacting an IPA Candidate. In all cases the administrative staff will use reasonable endeavours to protect confidentiality as much as is possible.
Applications should be submitted on the above referenced form, preferably in English, (or alternatively in Spanish, French or German), and sent in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
to arrive not later than 30 May 2014
. (The IPA can only accept electronic applications.)
All applications will be acknowledged. It is expected that loans will be approved before the end of June 2014. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of the Panel’s decisions.