Integrated Training Committee Members
This Committee is asked:
- To make contact with all Institutes of Component Organisations in order to notify them that the Integrated Training initiative has been approved by the Board of the IPA.
- To make the definition of an Integrated Training Programme (ITP) decided on known, being "an additional and optional track for IPA training, in order to become a recognized adult, child and adolescent analyst".
- To investigate the possible consequences of this new tool on pre-existing Child and Adolescent Training Programmes.
- To draw up an ITP to be taken as a model which will include the minimum standards already agreed by the Committee and approved by the Board. Each Institute will have the freedom to design a programme which reflects the spirit and reality of their local professional environment, taking the minimum standards as a base and aligned with the pre-existing models chosen by the individual Institute.
- To look into the necessity, or otherwise, of changes to the Procedural Code entry on Requirements for Training in Child and Adolescent Psychoanalysis following on the approval of the new ITP.
- To offer any assistance needed to the Institutes who are to implement the new ITP in order to make a smooth entry into the Programme and to furthermore be available to engage in discussion on future Integrated Training Programme design and implementation.
- To initiate discussion on the role of the Committee as the body to which the individual Institutes will be obliged to send any possible ITP for approval.
The Committee will consist of a Chair and 2 members from each Region. The Chair of the Education and Oversight Committee and the Chair of the Committee on Child and Adolescent Psychoanalysis (COCAP) will also be appointed as ex-officio members.
Way of working
The Committee will be expected to do most of its work electronically (using Skype, GoToMeeting, or other free-to-use communication systems). The committee, like all IPA committees, will be expected to be self-supporting for secretarial and other purposes. The Chair and six members will be reimbursed for attendance at one in-person meeting per budget year.
The Committee will propose a budget during the annual IPA budget cycle.
Approved by the Board September 2014 (this mandate replaces the previous mandate approved in April 2011)