International Research Board Members
The International Research Board shall be composed of a Chair, a Vice-Chair research and a Vice-Chair evaluation, who are internationally recognized currently active researchers, six voting members who are currently active internationally recognized researchers in the fields of psychoanalytic research represented by the Board's subcommittees. The chairs of the sub-committees and one member of the Board of Representatives shall be ex-officio non-voting members of the Research Board.
The International Research Board shall:
- Recommend research policies, priorities and budgets as well as report its activities and the activities of its sub-committees to the Board of Representatives annually,
- Recommend appointments to the Research Board and its sub-committees to the President,
- Approve budgets and programmes and assume responsibility for and oversight of its subcommittees to ensure their equitable financing, to avoid duplication and to achieve co-operation whenever possible and practical,
- Search for additional funding and other strategies to advance psychoanalytic research consistent with the best research standards in the interest of psychoanalysis as a science and a clinical practice.
- Work with the Public Information Committee, the newsletter, journals, congress programmes etc. to disseminate research finding to IPA members and the public.
Approved by the Board August 2009