This Committee is asked:
1. To execute its role in accordance with the Minimum Standards for Training in Child and Adolescent Psychoanalysis as outlined in the IPA Procedural Code entry on this topic (July 2000), notably to receive and review applications for recognition of child and adolescent training programmes from IPA Constituent Organisations (47 so recognized by May 2005), to make recommendations to the Board where the Committee supports such recognition, and to advise and support Constituent Organisations in any issues to do with child and adolescent psychoanalytic training and education.
2. To keep the Procedural Code entry mentioned above under review and to make proposals for any necessary changes to the Executive Committee from time to time.
3. To ascertain which Constituent Organisations do not yet have recognized child and adolescent training programmes.
4. To organize small scientific meetings (regional, interregional) to develop and to strengthen interest in this specific field of psychoanalysis.
5. To establish appropriate interchange with the new Committee on Scientific Activities and Analytic Practice (CAPSA).
6. To consider and propose the creation of an IPA award related to child and adolescent psychoanalysis.
7. Specifically in relation to the Board decision of July 2005, the Committee is asked:
a. To review the COCAP report submitted to the IPA Board in July 2005.
b. To evaluate the 4 pilot Child/Adolescent training programs developed by APsaA Institutes.
c. To try to ascertain whether similar Child/Adolescent training programs are being developed in other Societies or IPA regions, and to make similar studies of such programs.
d. To prepare a report with recommendations to the IPA Working Group on Membership Requirements not later than by 15 April 2006.
Approved by the Board by e.mail September 2005